The major highlight of the previous twelve (12) months for the Kitimat Gyro Club was unquestionably being able to successfully host the 2017 District IV Interim Convention in Kitimat, B.C. in May 2017.
Other highlights were:
- Revision of the Kitimat club constitution.
- Introduction of the GYROMAT club newsletter in June 2017;
- The Golf Scramble and BBQ in June 2017; a super great day of golf and friendship.
- The 62ndKitimat installation was held at the Chalet on the weekend of September 8th, 9thand 10th, 2017. This event was extremely well attended by approximately 30 persons and special thanks go out to all in attendance and to special guest District IV Governor Peter Evans whom all contributed to the weekend’s success. It all started with a gathering and appetizers on Friday evening, the Installation dinner was held on Saturday evening and it was wrapped up on Sunday morning with our signature moosemilk breakfast. Congratulations to the incoming officers, directors and members installed on Saturday evening.
- The travelling Gyro’s and Gyro Ladies represented our club well at the Prince George Installation on the weekend of September 29thto October 1st, 2017. This was the least we could do in return for the support our Gyro neighbors showed us at the District IV Interim in May. Highlights were the Presidents Party on Friday evening, lunch and wine tasting on Saturday afternoon at the Northern Lights Estate Winery & Bistro, the Installation dinner on Saturday evening and the traditional moosemilk breakfast on Sunday morning. “The Kitimat Crew” was welcomed in style and great hospitality by the PG Gyro Club. We are definitely glad we went and it was an awesome weekend.
- Continuing with the Annual Grey Cup Stag in November 2017 for the 3rdyear running;
- Bartending for the Kitimat Seniors Centre Xmas party for the 2ndyear running;
- The Gyro Christmas Party with a food spread and live entertainment 2ndto none;
- Major donations within the community to the CoreySafe Society and the Delta King Place Kitchen Renovation Project;
- Gyro Hockey Nights in November 2017 and February 2018;
- Valentines Day Meeting in February 2018.
Upcoming events include: 1) The introduction of Curling and Secret Dinner events in 2018; 2) Club BBQ in June; 3) Golf Scramble in July; 4) the Kitimat Installation on the September 7-9thweekend; and 5) the Annual Grey Cup Stag in November.
The focus for the remainder of 2018 will be the continued effort to invite guests to meetings and events in an attempt to attract new members and increase club exposure within the community.
President, Kitimat Gyro Club